Triathlon: 0.6 Mile Swim/29.9 Mile Bike/5.1 Mile Run
Duathlon: 3.1 Mile Run/29.9 Mile Bike/5.1 Mile Run
Aquabike: .6 Mile Swim/29.9 Mile bike
The swim is in the calm and clear waters of Absegami Lake with the start on a well maintained and clean beach area. The water temperature has always been in the upper sixties for either the spring or the fall event. (We strongly recommend you wear a wetsuit!) The bike course includes a bike shoulder on country roads with wide shoulders. The mile run course is a fast flat run with lots of shade and on the roads and paths of the campground area of the Bass River State Park.
Swim Course (0.6 Miles)
Bike Route for International Distance consits of two loops. The first loop is the same as the SPRINT distance course:
Mount bicycle at Transition Area, exit at front end of area and
TURN RIGHT onto Park Rd. Follow Park Rd. towards park exit
TURN RIGHT onto Stage Rd. continue onto Leektown Rd..
TURN LEFT onto Hammonton Rd. (Rt.542) – (right before the bridge)
TURN LEFT onto West Rd.
TURN LEFT onto N. Maple Ave. (Rt. 679)
BEAR RIGHT onto RT.654.
TURN RIGHT onto Stage Rd. and back to Bass River State Forest.
U-TURN by the booth and continue to your second and last loop.
The Second loop is the same as the HALF distance course:
- after U-turn at entrance of the park
- TURN RIGHT onto Stage Rd. and ride for 1.5 miles intersection.
- BARE RIGHT and continue on Stage Rd.
- TURN RIGHT onto Chatsworth
- U-TURN slowly when you see police officer
- TURN RIGHT onto Leektown Rd. (Rt. 653)
- TURN LEFT onto Hammonton Rd. Rt. 542 (right before the bridge)
- TURN LEFT onto West Rd.
- TURN LEFT onto N Maple Rd.
- BEAR RIGHT at the fork onto 654 Rd.
- TURN RIGHT onto Stage Rd. and follow back to Bass River State Forest entrance back to transition area. PARK IS OPEN TO TRAFFIC. YOU MUST SLOW DOWN AND GIVE PEDESTRIANS RIGHT TO GO.
Running Course (5.1 Miles) will follow YELLOW signs. INT’L DISTANCE DUATHLETES RUN THIS COURSE FOR THE SECOND RUN.
INT’L DIST. DUATHLETES RUN THE 3.1 MILES SPRINT COURSE FOR THE FIRST RUN:
Athletes will access a water station at every mile of the run course. Also provided: